Salmon is considered one of nature’s super foods as it is rich in the essential fatty acids EPA & DHA. DHA in fish oil is a major structural component in our brains, and low levels are associated with all sorts of mental issues such as depression and neurological decline. Try this Mediterranean salmon recipe, it’s delicious, nutritious and easy to make.
4 Salmon fillets
2-3 Tablespoons Olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
1 lemon, thinly sliced
½ onion, thinly sliced
2 roughly chopped tomatoes
¼ cup olives
½ cup crumbled feta cheese
1. Preheat the oven to 250 ºC
2. In a baking pan, place the salmon fillets skin side down and drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
3. On each salmon fillet, make layers of lemon slices, onion slices and tomatoes.
4. Layer the remaining salmon fillets in the same way.
5. Sprinkle olives and feta over each fillet.
6. Put the salmon in the oven, and cook for 30 minutes, or until brown on top.
7. Serve with our super antioxidant salad.